Introduction to Etiquette
- 3 core values of etiquette (consideration, respect, honesty)
- Kind words and phrases
- Polite behavior
- How to treat others
- Holding silverware, glasses, and using a napkin correctly
- General dining manners – from casual to formal
- Restaurant specific etiquette vs dining at private homes
- Precedence: Who sits where? Who is served first?
- Communicating with service staff
- How to eat tricky foods
- Cell phone etiquette at the table
- Personal Hygiene
- Body language, eye contact, and posture
- Sit, stand, and walk properly
- Getting in and out of cars properly
- Proper handshake
- Self confidence
- Dress codes
- Conversation skills
- Talking to adults
- Understanding the value of a first impression
- Making the perfect introduction
- Writing a thank you note
Proper Public Behavior
- Flag etiquette and the national anthem
- Making good choices when away from family
- Elevator and door etiquette
School & Sports Behavior
- Earning your teacher’s respect with good manners
- Good sportsmanship
- Do’s and don’t at school events
- Cell phone etiquette
- Safety on social media
- Do’s and don’ts of social media
- Email etiquette
- Digital footprint
- Curating a social media brand
- Special events: parties, prom, weddings, etc.
- Conflict resolution amongst friends
- Friendships and relationships
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion for Young People
- Respecting cultural differences
- LGBTQ+ etiquette
- How to talk about religion and politics
- Anti-racist and Anti-bias training
Dating Etiquette for Teens
- How to ask somebody out
- Prom and homecoming etiquette
- General dating rules for beginners
- Confidence when dating as a teenager
Pricing & Additional Notes:
- $275/hr per individual
- Additional students can be added at the rate of $85 per student
- Instruction can be held at home or at a location selected by the instructor.
- This course can be customized to cover the topics you need most.
- The dining portion of this course can be held over lunch to enhance the dining experience. There is an additional $150 added to the cost for this arrangement.
THEY LOVE US
Asha proves that etiquette extends beyond the dinner table. She has advised me from job interviews to social events, to navigating tough situations in the workplace – all with poise and tact. I highly recommend her to anyone who would like to develop professional and overall life skills.
The Modern School of Manners services has been impactful beyond measure. Their coaching has helped me build confidence and elevate my professional brand to remain true to who I am, yet be competitive in my industry. If you want longevity and growth in your career, you need her to help you.
We recently enrolled our twins in one of the private “Etiquette for Teens” courses and were blown away by the team at The Modern School of Manners. Not only did the girls learn invaluable dining and social skills, but the team was also fun, patient, and nurturing. We are so grateful to have worked with them. They tailored the class perfectly to teach them exactly what they needed to brush up on. We can’t wait to share this experience with our friends and family.
J. and E. Rosen
I took a private course with Asha and wow! I learned so much from her dining etiquette course. She’s so captivating and intelligent that I could have listened to her for hours. I was nervous because I thought I’d be bored, but I was far from that. This was one of the most exciting and informational classes I’ve ever taken. Thank you, Asha!