- American / Continental Style Dining
- Country specific dining etiquette
- How to be a great host (during a public outing and at home)
- How to be a gracious guest (during a public outing and at home)
- Table settings (formal and informal)
- Holding silverware and glasses correctly
- Properly using your napkin
- General dining manners – from casual to formal
- Body language and deportment in dining
- Restaurant specific etiquette vs dining at private homes
- Precedence: Who sits where? Who is served first?
- Excusing yourself from the table
- How to handle accidents
- Communicating with service staff
- Tea and coffee
- Bread, soup, and salad rules
- Eating hard to eat foods properly
- Finger food etiquette
- Handling food you don’t like
- Cell phone etiquette at the table
- Paying the bill & tipping
- The art of the toast
- Handling the Valet, Coat Check, & Other Services
- Coughs, Sneezes, & Other Awkward Moments
- Dining conversation
- Cocktail party etiquette
- Wine 101: Understanding, ordering, and tasting*
*Additional cost attached for a certified sommelier instructor.
- Making a great first impression
- Developing confidence
- How to deal with difficult personalities and bad manners
- Networking and dot connecting
- How to make an introduction
- Cross cultural etiquette
- Being a great conversationalist
- Eye contact, body language, and Posture
- Social graces – Do’s and don’ts of society
- Sophisticated verbiage
- Party etiquette (birthday, cocktail, gala/ball, formal dinner, and industry specific)
- Dress code (formal and informal)
- Making a toast
- Social media, email, and phone etiquette
- Being the perfect host
- Being a gracious guest
- Writing the perfect thank you note
- Giving the perfect gift
- Car, elevator, and door etiquette
- Dating 101
- How to make introductions
- Chivalry in the workplace
- Dealing with a difficult co-worker
- Business meeting etiquette
- Workspace management
- Managing personal relationships in the workplace
- Properly greeting and shaking hands
- Posture and deportment
- Proper body language and eye contact in business
- Email and phone etiquette
- Meeting etiquette / conference call etiquette
- Business conversations during social events
- The art of the successful business meeting
- Golf course etiquette*
- Internet use at work
- Social media etiquette in business
- Job interview etiquette
- Networking and dot connecting
- Business meals 101
*An additional fee can be added for golf lessons.
- Golf Course etiquette and instruction*
- Dance fundamentals and etiquette*
- Chess lessons*
*Additional cost will apply for a certified instructor.
Pricing & Additional Information:
- $350/hr per individual
- Additional students can be added at the rate of $100 per student.
- Instruction can be held at home or at a location selected by the instructor.
- This course can be customized to cover the topics you need most.
- The dining portion of this course can be held over lunch to enhance the dining course experience. There is an additional $150 per person added to the cost for this arrangement.
THEY LOVE US
Asha proves that etiquette extends beyond the dinner table. She has advised me from job interviews to social events, to navigating tough situations in the workplace – all with poise and tact. I highly recommend her to anyone who would like to develop professional and overall life skills.
The Modern School of Manners services has been impactful beyond measure. Their coaching has helped me build confidence and elevate my professional brand to remain true to who I am, yet be competitive in my industry. If you want longevity and growth in your career, you need her to help you.
We recently enrolled our twins in one of the private “Etiquette for Teens” courses and were blown away by the team at The Modern School of Manners. Not only did the girls learn invaluable dining and social skills, but the team was also fun, patient, and nurturing. We are so grateful to have worked with them. They tailored the class perfectly to teach them exactly what they needed to brush up on. We can’t wait to share this experience with our friends and family.
J. and E. Rosen
I took a private course with Asha and wow! I learned so much from her dining etiquette course. She’s so captivating and intelligent that I could have listened to her for hours. I was nervous because I thought I’d be bored, but I was far from that. This was one of the most exciting and informational classes I’ve ever taken. Thank you, Asha!